There are a number of courses run by Surf Life Saving NZ that are open to anyone who has their lifeguard award (although some have age restrictions).
Courses include Radio Operators, First Aid, Patrol Captains, IRB driver & crew, National Lifeguard School.
In most cases the courses are heavily subsidised and members will be invoiced for the course fee. However if you enrol and fail to attend the course the club will be charged for the full fee, which you will then need to pay.
Courses are also only available for financial members of the club.
Upcoming courses and the deadlines for enrolment (which can only be done through the club) are available on the SLSNZ calendar.
Please read the criteria carefully and note the dates and the cost before committing. If you are interested email the Neil Watts with details about the course you would like to enrol for.
Find out more about the Qualifications Surf Life Saving in New Zealand Offers
- Surf Life Saving Certificate
- Rookie Lifeguard Programme
- Surf Lifeguard Award
- Marine VHF Radio Operators Certificate
- Board Rescue Module
- IRB Crewpersons Module
- Senior Lifeguard Award - IRB Driver
- Senior Lifeguard Award - Patrol Captain
- Instructors Award - Surf Lifeguard
- Instructors Award - IRB
- Advanced Lifeguard Award
- Examiners Award - Surf Lifeguard
- Examiners Award - IRB
- First Aid qualifications
Visit the member education section of the SLSNZ website for more information on these awards.
Surf Official Qualifications
- For more information on all the Surf Official qualifications visit www.surflifesaving.org.nz/surfofficials
- For more information on all the Coaching qualifications visit www.surflifesaving.org.nz/coaching